So frequently when you set out to go do something simple (like look at a crib or even go grocery shopping somewhere other than LuLu Express which is across the street) something happens and you (1) don't accomplish what you set out to do, (2) only do one little thing, or (3) it takes you 10 times longer than it should have. (I'd have to say that the last is the most common with number two following close behind.)
Another fine example of this phenomenon happened just yesterday. Steve and I went out to get some plants to green up this monochromatic place. A neighbor girl has just started babysitting and so we asked her if she would watch the kids in the morning while we went out. We actually got to go on a date! We also wanted more room for plants in the car. (I was prepared to come back with 8-10 plants. Seriously.) We had been told of a greenhouse in the next town over that has a wide variety of plants and a large selection of each kind. So we set out to find it. We were given good directions, though that doesn't always seem to matter around here. We drove for about 30 minutes, which funny enough, puts you in about the middle of the country. Here is the scenic view:

This time it really was easy to get there. But our plans were foiled by the lovely rain of the day before! The road leading up to the greenhouse was flooded! A road flooded in Qatar! I could hardly believe it. And just in case you can't either, I took a picture.

We drove around trying to see if there was any other way to the greenhouse and Steve asked a shop owner if he knew of one. But there is only one way to the greenhouse. So we came back empty handed. Well, we didn't go straight home. We did go out to lunch at a Lebanese restaurant in the mall. It was about 11:15ish when we got there and they were still serving breakfast. But it was fun to try another country's type of breakfast. Definitely not sweet and I liked it better that way.
So once again we've gone out aiming to accomplish one thing and it didn't end up happening how we thought it would. Not even close.

This time it really was easy to get there. But our plans were foiled by the lovely rain of the day before! The road leading up to the greenhouse was flooded! A road flooded in Qatar! I could hardly believe it. And just in case you can't either, I took a picture.

We drove around trying to see if there was any other way to the greenhouse and Steve asked a shop owner if he knew of one. But there is only one way to the greenhouse. So we came back empty handed. Well, we didn't go straight home. We did go out to lunch at a Lebanese restaurant in the mall. It was about 11:15ish when we got there and they were still serving breakfast. But it was fun to try another country's type of breakfast. Definitely not sweet and I liked it better that way.
So once again we've gone out aiming to accomplish one thing and it didn't end up happening how we thought it would. Not even close.
1 comment:
Oh, no. So sorry. Plant make such a difference.
Post a Comment