So the last time I wrote, we had a foiled attempt to get some green in here. I'm happy to say that we attempted again yesterday and were successful! We bought 10 plants for ourselves and bought one for our neighbor who paid us back. It was a little more than I anticipated paying, but I can tell you honestly right now that it was worth every riyal we paid. Hopefully we can have a little cleaner air to breathe. The city is so polluted and dusty. But it also feels better in here with other living things. They soften the rooms and make it feel more homey.
We knew the little car we're renting wouldn't be big enough to bring back any of the tall plants we wanted to buy, so we asked a neighbor if we could borrow his car. He's actually borrowing the car from someone else on condition that he lets others in our compound use. It's a good thing we took their car because we filled it.

Now we just need to put up our pictures, which we have, but they're still in a box sadly. I haven't taken the time to try to arrange them. But I think once they are up it'll start to feel less like a rented place and more like a home.
We knew the little car we're renting wouldn't be big enough to bring back any of the tall plants we wanted to buy, so we asked a neighbor if we could borrow his car. He's actually borrowing the car from someone else on condition that he lets others in our compound use. It's a good thing we took their car because we filled it.
Now we just need to put up our pictures, which we have, but they're still in a box sadly. I haven't taken the time to try to arrange them. But I think once they are up it'll start to feel less like a rented place and more like a home.
4 comments:
Your greenery looks so nice! I loved how you hid the fire extinguisher. It is getting to look more and more like a home.
I especially like the Norfolk Island Pine: ours doubled as a Christmas tree the year we moved to Ohio.
They definitely make it look more cheery! I'm so glad you got some. I didn't even think about the cleaner air, but I'm sure it helps!
Love the green touch! It definitely helps it look more comfy. Glad you had such success on your plant-finding excursion!
Post a Comment