As I mentioned in my last post, my Mother and Father-in-law are in Frankfurt right now serving a mission. They went to the Dom yesterday and shared some photos with us if we wanted to use on our blogs. It looks just as grey outside, but they captured some great photos.
I loved this corner. There's more green in Germany at the end of winter than in Qatar.Isn't this ceiling amazing? You hardly needed a microphone, though they did use one for the Sunday service.
On Sunday they had tea candles lit (the kind you buy there and light for whatever reason, an extra prayer maybe?) in red candle holders just below this statue and to the left.
I was quite excited about this picture. This is the busker that I told you about, the one we heard while waiting for the bells to ring on Saturday. It's the same guy! I'm glad they got to hear him. He's good and it's a different sound but not strange. I liked it.
2 comments:
The candles are always there: Catholics pay money (more money=bigger candle=longer and more effective prayer) to buy candles to light as prayers. They will also say a prayer as they light the candle. I bought a candle and lit it as proxy for my catholic friend back home in Ohio when I was in Bethlehem and at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre : WHERE you light the candle matters, too. The more holy the site, the better the prayer gets thru.
Oh, and the final picture of stained glass seems to be the only window not destroyed by the WW II bombing.
We look forward to going for an organ concert: the pipes looked formidable.
Post a Comment