Miss A, who will rarely sit and color on a piece of paper, preferring to hold colored pencils in her hands and look at them, got a hold of a purple colored pencil today while I was helping one of the boys I watch fold a paper airplane. She then processed to decorate the wall.
I am happy that I've been a parent for 3 1/2 years and this is the first time I've had to deal with wall coloring. Big E never did that. But I wasn't watching 9 kids on Tuesdays and doing activities and letting the kids color when Big E was small. So I kept a really close eye on the whereabouts of colored pencils and crayons. Our rule here is that as soon as something falls to the ground, stop and pick it up. But that only works when the kids are paying attention to what's around them. And it didn't work today as Miss A demonstrated.
The downside is that I'm positive that if I try to wash the walls (which they do need since there are scuff marks on them and now purple pencil) I'll wash off the paint. I tried to wash off another mark from the AC unit and rubbed paint off. My only other option is to try an eraser. Hopefully that'll get it off.
p.s. I'm working on posts on our trip to Germany, so stay tuned.
I am happy that I've been a parent for 3 1/2 years and this is the first time I've had to deal with wall coloring. Big E never did that. But I wasn't watching 9 kids on Tuesdays and doing activities and letting the kids color when Big E was small. So I kept a really close eye on the whereabouts of colored pencils and crayons. Our rule here is that as soon as something falls to the ground, stop and pick it up. But that only works when the kids are paying attention to what's around them. And it didn't work today as Miss A demonstrated.
The downside is that I'm positive that if I try to wash the walls (which they do need since there are scuff marks on them and now purple pencil) I'll wash off the paint. I tried to wash off another mark from the AC unit and rubbed paint off. My only other option is to try an eraser. Hopefully that'll get it off.
p.s. I'm working on posts on our trip to Germany, so stay tuned.
3 comments:
Jessica (Oops, SISTER Hall) sent you a hug via us. She looks just great and recognized us out of a crowd of 3000. (OK, I do tend to stand out pretty much everywhere, Germany included.)
Manu colors on stuff all the time it seems - just the other day he took a yellow crayon to the fridge. I don't have a paint problem, though. Just good ol' cinder blocks. Good luck!
can you try magic eraser? I haven't had wall-coloring kids, either, but I helped a friend once when she was moving and that thing took off any marks on the wall. I think Mr. Clean makes one--not that you can find it easily. Good luck!
Post a Comment