Monday, December 3, 2012

Car remotes

We bought a mini van last month.  It's a Chevy Uplander.  I never thought we'd have a van here since they're almost unseen.  I wasn't hoping for a van, but it does have its advantages with getting kids in the car in a tight parking space.  When we bought the van, the remote was broken.  So we asked a guy at church, whose job is taking care of people cars, if he would take the van to the dealership to get another one.  (He was with us when we made the purchase and looked over the car). He used to be an official car inspector, so he knows what he's talking about.  When he took the car in, the dealership not only got a new remote, but they also made a new key.  Now, before you think that they were just being kind, you'll have to hear about the old key now.  It no longer starts the car.  It'll turn on the the radio and lights and such, but won't turn the car on.  It will unlock the car though.  So without us asking for another key, they did it anyway.  They did what they could to get more money out of us.  Had we been in the US I would have refused to pay and made them put it back.  There was nothing wrong with the old key.  But here I feel that we just have to pay it.  And this happened with someone who knows about cars and the dealership I'm sure knows it!  I can't imagine how much we'd be ripped off if we did it ourselves.  Grrrr.  

No comments: