Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why We Went Private

I'm sure you are curious as to why we suddenly went private.  I mentioned that there was an incident and there was, but thankfully it did not involve us.  The bishop our ward is also the director of the school that Steve works at.  He emailed all the staff at the school who are also LDS and asked us to make our blogs private because a parent (who is a native Qatari) complained about a teacher's blog.  So we did.  Who knows why a Qatari would want to read an expat's blog, maybe to see how we feel about their country? What his/her student's teacher is like? I don't know.  But with having to be sensitive to cultural issues and I get the sense sometimes that the law would favor the Qatari over an expat regardless of fact, it'll be easier to be private. We also don't want to do anything that would get us kicked out.

I hope having to sign in isn't too much of a hassle for everyone.  But it's probably for the best.  

No comments: