Miss A is growing so fast! She has also gotten much louder at home. Her loudest times are at the dinner table. She screams so loudly that we cannot keep talking. It doesn't help that we dont' have any carpet. I don't think other people believe me when I say she's actually quite loud at home. Whenever we go out, she's shy and won't go to anyone. The only sound she makes is crying if I leave her side or put her down. She rarely jabbers outside of the home. I know this is pretty typical for little kids, but she will bury her head in my shoulder or turn away from people. So very different from her big brother who goes up to strangers in the park and starts eating their french fries. But at home she is still very vocal about what she wants.
Yesterday Miss A made big progress in the separation anxiety department. Steve and I went on a date and a friend offered to watch the kids. We asked her to come a bit early in an attempt to help Miss A. Our friend sat on the couch in the middle next to Big E. Steve sat next to the friend, holding Miss A. We had Toy Story playing and there was popcorn, which Miss A loves. Steve managed to slide Miss A onto the couch right next to the babysitter, get up and we kissed the kids and left. For the first time Miss A did not cry! Miss A's the one who'll cry if someone holds her, even if I'm right by her. She doesn't like them touching her either. But last night she was brave and didn't cry when we left. One small victory!
Miss has learned a few signs, but doesn't use them all the time. She'll sign "more" and "drink" and every once in a while she's sign "eat". She'll use "all done" for anything she doesn't want, but not when she's finished eating. She'll shake her head no if she doesn't want what I offer. She can say "Mama" and "Dada", and I think she says "some", which is more like "smmm" repeated a few times for good measure. She says it at the right time, like when she wants something to eat that I have in my hand. That's what makes me think she really is saying it. She still jabbers all the time.
She is also officially a toddler now. About mid-January I told Steve that by the end of the month we'd have a walker on our hands, and we did. She's been walking for about a bit over week now. It's so cute. She walks with her legs going up more than out. She's trying to go faster like Big E, but that usually doesn't end well. Big E and I were chasing each other today and she followed, laughing with delight. Sometimes she walks around for no reason other than to walk, singing to herself. If she gets ahold of my phone, she'll walk around with it between her head and her shoulder "talking".
She's in the empty everything stage. So there is usually a mess somewhere in my house. I can't always keep up with both of them. It's funny to watch her empty some things. She really like emptying Big E's drawers while we're in his room getting ready for the day. She'll take shirts and throw them over her shoulder one by one. Then move onto the pajama drawer. She'll keep going until all the drawers are empty. Occasionally she'll try to put some back, but most of the time she doesn't.
Here is Miss A emptying a bag of toiletries I had waiting to go upstairs. She's so proud of herself.

Miss A has decided that she's a morning person. Frequently she'll get up before our alarm, which goes off at 5:00. We at first thought that some warm milk before bed wasn't enough. So we give her a snack and some milk before bed, which she happily eats. That helped for a week or so, but now she's back to getting up at 4:30-4:45am. It's like going to seminary all over again, except it is in no way spiritually uplifting. I'm a bit at a loss of what to do next. 4:30 is way to early for little girls, or their mothers for that matter, to be up. Steve thinks that the dump trucks that drive across the empty lot across the street from our back yard (and her window) wakes her up and then she doesn't want to go back to sleep. That's probably what happens. I hear them when I'm in her room and it's a bit loud. But I don't know that there is anything to do about that. Hopefully she'll just grow out of this and let her parents sleep some more.
I have to say that I have the cutes kids. They are both so fun and I love being their mom.
Yesterday Miss A made big progress in the separation anxiety department. Steve and I went on a date and a friend offered to watch the kids. We asked her to come a bit early in an attempt to help Miss A. Our friend sat on the couch in the middle next to Big E. Steve sat next to the friend, holding Miss A. We had Toy Story playing and there was popcorn, which Miss A loves. Steve managed to slide Miss A onto the couch right next to the babysitter, get up and we kissed the kids and left. For the first time Miss A did not cry! Miss A's the one who'll cry if someone holds her, even if I'm right by her. She doesn't like them touching her either. But last night she was brave and didn't cry when we left. One small victory!
Miss has learned a few signs, but doesn't use them all the time. She'll sign "more" and "drink" and every once in a while she's sign "eat". She'll use "all done" for anything she doesn't want, but not when she's finished eating. She'll shake her head no if she doesn't want what I offer. She can say "Mama" and "Dada", and I think she says "some", which is more like "smmm" repeated a few times for good measure. She says it at the right time, like when she wants something to eat that I have in my hand. That's what makes me think she really is saying it. She still jabbers all the time.
She is also officially a toddler now. About mid-January I told Steve that by the end of the month we'd have a walker on our hands, and we did. She's been walking for about a bit over week now. It's so cute. She walks with her legs going up more than out. She's trying to go faster like Big E, but that usually doesn't end well. Big E and I were chasing each other today and she followed, laughing with delight. Sometimes she walks around for no reason other than to walk, singing to herself. If she gets ahold of my phone, she'll walk around with it between her head and her shoulder "talking".
She's in the empty everything stage. So there is usually a mess somewhere in my house. I can't always keep up with both of them. It's funny to watch her empty some things. She really like emptying Big E's drawers while we're in his room getting ready for the day. She'll take shirts and throw them over her shoulder one by one. Then move onto the pajama drawer. She'll keep going until all the drawers are empty. Occasionally she'll try to put some back, but most of the time she doesn't.
Here is Miss A emptying a bag of toiletries I had waiting to go upstairs. She's so proud of herself.
Miss A has decided that she's a morning person. Frequently she'll get up before our alarm, which goes off at 5:00. We at first thought that some warm milk before bed wasn't enough. So we give her a snack and some milk before bed, which she happily eats. That helped for a week or so, but now she's back to getting up at 4:30-4:45am. It's like going to seminary all over again, except it is in no way spiritually uplifting. I'm a bit at a loss of what to do next. 4:30 is way to early for little girls, or their mothers for that matter, to be up. Steve thinks that the dump trucks that drive across the empty lot across the street from our back yard (and her window) wakes her up and then she doesn't want to go back to sleep. That's probably what happens. I hear them when I'm in her room and it's a bit loud. But I don't know that there is anything to do about that. Hopefully she'll just grow out of this and let her parents sleep some more.
I have to say that I have the cutes kids. They are both so fun and I love being their mom.
5 comments:
They are adorable!!!
Silly gooses! I love skyping with and listening to your kids, especially Miss A's jabber! It is good that she feels so free at home to jabber. Glad you and Steve are able to leave them with a babysitter, hope she continues to be okay with that from here on out!
Aren't A's eyes just the bluest ever in this picture?
We agree: so cute.
Thanks for the updates! I love to read about what you're up to! We love you and think of you often!
I'm not sure if it will help with your particular noise, but we put a fan on to make white noise while Megan sleeps, and it seems to help keep things from waking her up
Post a Comment