Steve is off to Spain right now for a "Week Without Walls" trip for the students. He didn't sign up to chaperone, but was assigned to go. I guess that's what you get when you're responsible and the principal knows that he's not going to sneak off to get a drink of alcohol. (Last year at Qatar Academy, which is the sister school to the one Steve works at, the high school went on a week without walls trip and one of the teachers went out for a drink. S/He got fired immediately and was sent straight back.) But, hey, for the price of watching some younger high school students all day and taking 2 hour shifts at night sitting in the hallway to make sure no one sneaks out of their room, he gets pretty much an all expense paid trip to tour Spain. All he has to pay for is lunch every day and anything else he wants. I'm a bit jealous. I wish I could go with him.
But instead Big E, Miss A, and I get to come up with our own fun. As it's already back up to close to 100 each day this week, I think we'll be spending a lot of time at the pool. We might spice things up and go to the Education City Clubhouse pool instead of the little one in our compound. So many options. :)
To be honest, this is the first time that I'll be alone with both kids for a whole week. I know that it's do-able, many women do it all the time and for much longer. But I'm used to driving to my parents and spending time with them whenever Steve had to go out of town for conferences and such. So I'm not used to single parenting. I'm sure I'll get tired of it quickly and then by the time Steve gets home, I'll have a rythme.
Here's to hoping this week goes by smoothly and quickly.
But instead Big E, Miss A, and I get to come up with our own fun. As it's already back up to close to 100 each day this week, I think we'll be spending a lot of time at the pool. We might spice things up and go to the Education City Clubhouse pool instead of the little one in our compound. So many options. :)
To be honest, this is the first time that I'll be alone with both kids for a whole week. I know that it's do-able, many women do it all the time and for much longer. But I'm used to driving to my parents and spending time with them whenever Steve had to go out of town for conferences and such. So I'm not used to single parenting. I'm sure I'll get tired of it quickly and then by the time Steve gets home, I'll have a rythme.
Here's to hoping this week goes by smoothly and quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment