Tuesday Steve planned for us to go to Katara, which is advertised as a "Cultural Village". There is also a nice beach with a lot of water activities. The original plan was to go parasailing and spend the day at the beach hav lunch there and gelato, which I've always wanted to try.
But I chickened out of parasailing because I thought it was took cool to get into the water and Steve wasn't going to go with me as he was coming down with a cold and didn't want to push it and not be able to the next days activity. So instead we walked around Katara, which wasn't too exciting. There was a nice amphitheater and a few museums, but the ones that were open were modern art, and I don't really like that.
But there was a beautiful Mosque there.

We decided to rent a paddle boat instead of parasailing. I told Steve when it was warmer and he wasn't sick with a cold, we'd do it. Big E thought it was pretty cool to get into a paddle boat. It was more work than I anticipated, and by the time we got back to shore, my legs were on fire.


Since it was too early for any of the restaurants to be open in Katara, we went to City Center Mall, which was close by and ate at the food court. Fast food as a different array of options here. You can find Pizza Hut and McDonalds and Burger King and KFC in food courts and around town, but you also have places that give you indan food and Filipino food, with rice and curries and such. So we went to an Indian place. I did not get sick like the last time we ate at a food court.
City Center Mall also has a small gelato stand. So we went there to get some. It was sooo good, expensive for what the size we got, but worth a try. It's much creamier and smoother and richer than ice cream (especially a lot of the ice cream here which is awful and made with reconstituted skim milk, which I can taste, and is more like eating cool whip frozen).
Miss A even got a taste. She thought it was the best thing she's ever had. As did Big E, as you can see in the photo above.
We went home for naps, well really, the kids fell asleep in the car. So naps were short at home. But that's okay. That's when Big E and Steve sanded the growth chart. (not when I showed the pictures. But it worked better then. That way you could see what I was talking about.) We were looking forward to next day were, hopefully, we'd get to go on an inland sea adventure.
But I chickened out of parasailing because I thought it was took cool to get into the water and Steve wasn't going to go with me as he was coming down with a cold and didn't want to push it and not be able to the next days activity. So instead we walked around Katara, which wasn't too exciting. There was a nice amphitheater and a few museums, but the ones that were open were modern art, and I don't really like that.
But there was a beautiful Mosque there.
We decided to rent a paddle boat instead of parasailing. I told Steve when it was warmer and he wasn't sick with a cold, we'd do it. Big E thought it was pretty cool to get into a paddle boat. It was more work than I anticipated, and by the time we got back to shore, my legs were on fire.
Since it was too early for any of the restaurants to be open in Katara, we went to City Center Mall, which was close by and ate at the food court. Fast food as a different array of options here. You can find Pizza Hut and McDonalds and Burger King and KFC in food courts and around town, but you also have places that give you indan food and Filipino food, with rice and curries and such. So we went to an Indian place. I did not get sick like the last time we ate at a food court.
City Center Mall also has a small gelato stand. So we went there to get some. It was sooo good, expensive for what the size we got, but worth a try. It's much creamier and smoother and richer than ice cream (especially a lot of the ice cream here which is awful and made with reconstituted skim milk, which I can taste, and is more like eating cool whip frozen).
We went home for naps, well really, the kids fell asleep in the car. So naps were short at home. But that's okay. That's when Big E and Steve sanded the growth chart. (not when I showed the pictures. But it worked better then. That way you could see what I was talking about.) We were looking forward to next day were, hopefully, we'd get to go on an inland sea adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment