I didn't mention this earlier, but I want to remember it. Before I tell you want happened you need to know that Steve and I have never told Big E about Santa. We haven't said he doesn't exist or that he does. We decided that if he "found out" about Santa from friends or the books we read during the season and he believed we'd go with it, but we didn't feel right telling him when we know the truth.
So on Christmas Eve, Big E came in from playing outside with some neighbor kids. He plopped down on the couch next to me and said, "R and K (neighbor kids) said tonight is the night that Santa comes, but I told them that Santa doesn't exist."
"Oh? And who told you that?" I asked.
"R." Big E said.
When Steve asked him about it later, or Big E told Steve about it later and Steve asked him about it he had a different answer as to who told him santa didn't exist. He said "Me."
What a funny kid. Hopefully Christmas was just as magical for those two girl this year as they wanted.
Another interesting thing happened on Christmas Eve that I forgot to mention in my post about dinner with the Lebanese couple. Our hostess made pizza for dinner. They had also invited another couple who were also Lebanese. The husband of the other couple turned to us while we're eating and said, "The Italians don't think what we eat is pizza. But the Americans eat ketchup with their pizza and it's the only way to eat it." And the proceeded to pour ketchup on his slice of pizza. He had even brought a bottle of ketchup. Steve and I just left it at that. But really? Ketchup on pizza? I've never heard of anyone doing that. But according to this guy it's all the rave in America. Who knew?
2 comments:
You've only been gone five months and look at what you are missing out on here in America!
Do you think he misunderstood the red pizza sauce? Many italian pizzas don't use red sauce.
Post a Comment