Hey look! Two posts in one day. Don't get too excited. It probably won't happen again. ;) But this week marks the start of all the major changes that we've only been anticipating, and I feel that it's something I want to share. This week is the week of lasts: the last time to go to church here, the last sunday, the last time I make bread in my little house. Living here has been wonderful. I'll miss Carthage. We've made some wonderful friends. For the past 10 years I haven't been as settled as I have been here. College was interrupted by moving home for a year and then a mission. Then I moved to Columbus to marry Steve and we lived there for only 1 1/2 years. So Carthage has really been a home to me. I didn't think I'd like living in a small town, but I've come to really like it. Thanks to all of you who helped make this our home. We will miss you.
We had our home inspection a week and a half ago. So after fixing a few things (which area almost complete) and waiting for the buyers to settle things with their bank, we'll be ready to close. It could be as soon as the 16th, which would be convenient, since we're packing up a truck and driving to my parents' house that day. (We're shipping our things from their house so that we don't have to find a place and pay for storage in Doha. Our place won't be ready until right before we move there. So we're storing it at my parents' house. Thanks guys!) So Saturday could be our last day here. If we don't close on Saturday, then we'll drive up again to sign, or just overnight it.
One last I am looking forward to is the last time eating on the floor or the last time using tubs as a table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Love your writing! You are such an example of strength and perseverance to me. I will never forget that year we met because you made such a huge impact in my life! Thank you for your constant example of faith!! You will have to keep writing so I can keep up with what happens on the other side of the world through your eyes!
Wow! Love your writing! You are such an example of strength and perseverance to me. I will never forget that year we met because you made such a huge impact in my life! Thank you for your constant example of faith!! You will have to keep writing so I can keep up with what happens on the other side of the world through your eyes!
Post a Comment